The Legal Department has one division headed by an Acting Director/Legal Adviser. It has staff strength of eight (8) Legal Officers and three (3) support staff.
- Prosecutes offenders before the Code of Conduct Tribunal, and defend the Bureau in all other civil actions in different courts in Nigeria.
- Provides Legal advice and opinion to the Bureau;
- Liaises with the Office of the Attorney€“General of the Federation on matters pertaining to the Burea’s statutory duties, and review of the Code of Conduct Bureau and Tribunal
- Act, and matters pertaining thereto;
- Vet Agreements, Contracts and Memoranda of Association; and
- Performing any other functions as may be directed by the Bureau.