GUIDELINES â€“ A petition can be defined as a formal or written document signed and could be sometimes anonymous, reporting alleged dishonest or illegal activities (misconduct) to a constituted authority or Agency.
The guidelines on petition writing and submission are as follows:
- The petitioner should address his petition to the Chairman, Code of Conduct Bureau.
- Write the name of the public officer that has committed the offence, his/her designation and the office address.
- State very clearly the alleged offence of the public officer.
- Provide any evidence that can support your petition
- Indicate your address, email address Â and phone number so that you could be contacted for additional information.
- Submit by email or through any of the 36 states offices and FCT office or the CCB headquarters at the Federal Secretariat Abuja.